This special day & the Camino

Elyn Aviva TajminaaAOL.COM
Fri Feb 2 08:36:55 PST 2001

Fascinating and I am interested, indeed, as I continue to search for the
"golden goose" of the Camino--or some such mixed metaphor. I did a research
project a few years ago on the Camino, looking for the hidden preChristian
and esoteric strata, and of course the goose is a clue that comes up in
Spain. At the hermita outside of Villafranca Montes de Oca (there it is,
again), there is an ancient spring, which might relate to a Celtic sacred
site later Christianized. But I also read that the area was an ecclesiastical
region called Auca, which later was transformed into "Oca." Why Auca, I don't
know... We've circled on this topic various times, and I am convinced it is
NOT a "wild goose chase," but I still feel I lack vital information.

For example, you talk about the Celtic pilgrimage to Finis Terra, and I have
heard that too (along with an Atlantian pilgrimage back to the ocean where
their island sank..). But what evidence do we have that Celts took long
pilgrimages? And from where? I've heard it was a rite of passage for Druids
who studied in the sacred forest near Paris, but I'd like more than hearsay.

Any help?
Thanks!
Elyn