Goodbye, dear pilgrim

Craig Walker WA6RPRaAOL.COM
Fri Dec 14 15:15:14 PST 2001

My friend, Richard, set out last May to walk the Camino.  He carried a small
pack but lots of hope.  He wanted so much to make the journey that he went
against his doctor's advice.  After only 3 days he ended up in the hospital
and was forced to return with tha journey unfinished.  After only a few weeks
he ended up on hospice and died this morning.  When I last visited with him
on Tuesday afternoon, he said that he was sorry that he could not have
finished his walk.  I told him that I would one day  finish it for him and
walk the Camino in his honor and memory.  I think that his gentle spirit will
be there along the Way of St. James when I go.

Peace to all of you.

Craig