Travelling in good faith and good faith alone (Re:millions...St.francis...)

Perry Shirley lazarus3kaHOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 5 09:58:05 PST 2001

I am writing in response to what i've read from all of you since joining the
list and specifically to Pieter whose email i've included at the end of
this:

Many Thanks Pieter!
thank you for voicing a concern of mine...why does it matter if st.francis
walked the road to santiago or not? or how many pilgrims walked in the old
days? to me, all that matters is that people continue to walk it every year,
all in good faith and that is by itself a remarkable thing. simply having so
many over such a long period of time beleive in one and same stretch of land
is enough.

At 19 years old, by next summer i shall be walking the road to Santiago, in
good faith and regardless of the number of my fellow pilgrims who have
walked it or what saint walked it.

To me, at least, faith goes beyond numbers and names, its in the heart and
one beleives what one beleives and if i beleive in my heart and soul that
St. Framcis walked it then no one will make me think otherwise.

Perry Shirley
California, USA
lazarus3kahotmail.com