PRACTICAL MATTERS

Anthony Dyson anthony.dysonaWANEWS.COM.AU
Mon Dec 3 20:54:26 PST 2001

Dear All,

I'm refining my plans to walk the Camino in 2003.
Could those who have actual recent experience of the walk comment on the
following please?
1. Money, money, money. Given the rise in the number of people seeking
to use refugios,  what would be a reasonable daily budget (including
food/drink) if I was able to split about half and half between staying
in refuges and staying in low-cost hostals etc? About $US25 perhaps? I
appreciate that costs may well rise when Spain goes over to the Euro on
January 1.
2. Tent. Does the rise in numbers mean that camping might well be a
practical alternative in some places? I have a very lightweight shelter
and am happy to carry it. Or is the small number of sites mean this is
just not practical?

Thanks,

TonyD.