photos, million per year

Watson, John watsonjaTRINITY.VIC.EDU.AU
Mon Dec 3 13:18:52 PST 2001

The said monastery and a church are in Villafranca del Bierzo.
There is NO documentary evidence that St Francis walked but so what? There
is only ONE piece of documentary evidence that Pilate was in charge in
Israel, and that was found only 20 odd years ago. Nobody doubted the fact
before the evidence was found.
There is plenty of anecdotal evidence of Francis' walk but we don't know the
year.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Dorothy Imundi [mailto:Ddirenzo2000aAOL.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, 4 December 2001 2:23 AM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: photos, million per year

Barry wrote that there is no real evidence that St. Francis walked the
camino.  However, I remember somewhere along the way coming across a
monastery that had been founded by St. Francis when he was there,assuming it
was during his pilgrimage to Santiago.  Does anyone remember where this
monastery is?  Actually the inhabitants of said monastery would probably
have
some real historical evidence that St. Francis had actually been there.
Dorothy