Post Camino stuff

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Fri Aug 10 04:41:05 PDT 2001

I enjoyed Leon very much and found the city more cosmopolitan than some of
the other cities on the Camino.  I stayed at the refugio close to the center
of the city in a Benedictine convent.  A wonderful volunteer gave me and
other pilgrims leg massages and medication for tendonitis.  I went to the
evening vespers in the beautiful chapel at the convent and heard the nuns
sing just like they do in Poulenc's "Dialogues of the Carmelites", but of
course, they sang liturgical music and not the opera. It was one of the truly
memorable places for me. So, once again, don't be dissuaded by some other
pilgrim's experiences and negative comments and be open to your own Camino.
Howard