Water and hotels

Robert E. Spenger rspengeraHOME.COM
Sun Aug 5 22:27:42 PDT 2001

Since the topic is "Water AND Hotels," I am compelled to bring up the
story, often told and probably true in many cases, about about
inexpensive hotels (in this hemisphere) that provide bottled water in
the hotel rooms. This gives the tourist a fine feeling of security until
someone observes that the hotel employees fill the empty bottles from a
regular water tap.

Yes, I know that this doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with the
pilgrimage to Santiago, but my resistance to temptation is very low this
evening.