Fiscal Question (Camino)

Watson, John watsonjaTRINITY.VIC.EDU.AU
Sun Aug 5 17:00:34 PDT 2001

Well under $US1000, including the occasional hotel.
John W

-----Original Message-----
From: Kandice M Zeman [mailto:kzemanaSAS.UPENN.EDU]
Sent: Saturday, 4 August 2001 12:06 AM
To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
Subject: Fiscal Question (Camino)

Hi everyone,

One of my dear friends and I are planning to walk El Camino next May.
We've begun looking at web resources and books, etc.  Based on this info,
we think we pieced together a number that estimates how much the journey
might cost along the trail.  But we will both just be graduating from
college and thus we need to start planning for this trip financially as
well as mentally and logistically.

Perhaps it's tacky to reduce a pilgramige to the level of money but a it's
real-world concern nontheless... realistically at the end of 4 weeks, how
much money might one go through?  We are planning to stay in refuges and
eat basic groceries, nothing extravegant.  I know refuges are cheap (I've
seen anywhere from free to under a 1000 pesetas on web sites), and I know
how much a "menu" might cost... so we're looking for a bit more general
expenses estimate.

If you could offer a ball-park figure for how much you or someone you
know spent in total, that would be great.

Excited for the journey,
Kandice

kzemanasas.upenn.edu