Water-hotels.Now:Disappointed with these negative, acrimonious messages

Diane Grust DEG33aAOL.COM
Sat Aug 4 19:36:56 PDT 2001

I do not wish to get in the middle of this but when I walked the Camino in
May there was a caution about drinking from the fuentes.  This past spring
was very rainy and the way I heard it was that the municipal water from the
taps at Refugios were fine but that one should not drink from the fuentes
(this was in Galicia) as there was so much storm water going through the
system that the water was not being treated properly.  Anyone who walks this
part of the Camino usually remembers one thing -- cow shit.  Not the best
mixer in your drinking water.  Initially I drank bottled water but then drank
water from the fuentes and municipal water.  Although I did stop drinking
from the fuentes in Galicia because the area was very flooded and that is
where the caution was-- I was told this by a number of Spaniards many of them
local to the area, so I preferred to be safe rather than....

Diane