sites

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sun Apr 29 07:27:59 PDT 2001

Hi Delphia,
The name of the little town down from Roncesvalles is Burguete.  There is a
lovely and quaint 4-kms. footpath leading to it from Roncesvalles which is a
very pleasant way of commencing the pilgrimage after the Pyrenees.
I don't remember the name of the hotel in St. Jeans, or in Burgete.
Accommodations for both were arranged for us in Pamplona.
Coming directly down the street from the Pamplona's Cathedral main entrance,
at the first corner on the left on the first street after the Cathedral's,
there is a small travel agency-pilgrims' service-cyber center  office. They
did all the arrangements for us, and gave us all the information, in English,
that we sought regarding the Camino through Navarra and how to get to San
Juan de la Pena and Leyre, -which we very much wanted to visit after reading
Linda's book.-  They did not charge us anything and gave us useful pamphlets
and maps; they did tell us, however, that they did not have information on
the Camino outside Navarra.
Neither my sister in law nor I kept diaries, and we both were very excited
throughout, which may account for the fact that neither of us remembers the
names of  hotels and things.
Muchos saludos cordiales,
Rosina