2000 pilgrms

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Thu Apr 26 07:06:00 PDT 2001

Hello you all,
A  message sent to me directly by an admirably erudite list subscriber from
New Zealand reads, in part:
".......When I was in Santiago last month ....I was told that around 100,000
peregrinos came -clearly not all received the Compostela.  You are right
-Oceania includes Australia, New Zealand and the islands of Polynesia in the
South Pacific
(Fiji, Tonga, Vanautu, New Caledonia, Samoa, Rarotonga, etc).  As for
Oikoten, it is a Greek word which means "out of place",- I think a bit like
the Hopi word "Koy aanisqatsi" and I think that in the Peregrinos list it
refers to children from orphanages being taken by a specific organisation in
Belgium call "Oikoten" - check out their website at
http.www.oikoten.be/Frame%engels.htm................
Steven"
Because these data clarifies some of the information sent  about 2000
pilgrims I felt I should share it with you.
....Now, since the earlier message struck intellectual gold, I'll push on:
In 2000 there were also 540 Compostela recepients from "Paises Nordicos"
(Northern Countries) and 244 pilgrims from "Europa". Would anyone know which
are, in this context, the Nordic Countries, and whether there is a new
country called "Europa"?.  The information desk of the United Nations here in
New York City didn't help much.
Regards,
Rosina