On Italian and learning the language !

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sat Apr 21 04:41:01 PDT 2001

Hi Lisa,
Galician is very much like Portuguese.  In fact, Brazilians and Galicians
speaking their own tongues communicate with one another as though they were
speaking the same language although they are not, in fact doing so. In
Galicia both Spanish and Galician are used. It is only in the countryside,
and rarely, where one may find some people who speak only Galician.
I would not say that Galician resembles French. In fact, I do not know of any
language spoken in Spain which resembles French.  One would expect that
Euskadi, spoken in Navarra which abuts France would have some French
influence, yet Euskadi sounds like Greek, if anything.
Saludos
Rosina