hostals

Elyn Aviva TajminaaAOL.COM
Tue Apr 17 20:10:28 PDT 2001

I'll wade in on the hostal discussion: my husband and I slept in hostals all
the way across Spain on the Camino after we mailed off our sleeping bags! We
chose not to sleep in refugios because we wanted a private bed and bath.
There were a few times when we readjusted our schedule/walking plans because
we didn't think there'd be anywhere to stay (a real disadvantage to our
plan!)--but I learned later that there probably would have been a kindly soul
taking in straggling pilgrims. We just didn't take the chance.
Buen Camino,
Elyn