Leaving next week

Stephen Streat StephenSaAHSL.CO.NZ
Tue Apr 17 19:10:27 PDT 2001

Dear Delphia

I stayed in the hostals because the refuxios were not yet open ! We were
really only able to stay in the larger towns (Portomarin, Palas do Rei,
Arzua, Lavacolla) because the small refuxios/albergues were very empty and
shut - to my great disappointment. This meant making sure that we made at
least 22 km a day and on one day 31 km. Having said that - there was no
problem finding a comfortable place to stay! I had only two essential
requirements - a glorious hot shower and a bed! It was the second week in
March and still cool (and of course wet) and I saw only four other
peregrinos during the 5 days walking. I walked with my daughter (23) and one
of her friends (23) and they walked a bit faster than me (48 and not hardy).

Buen Camino.
Kind regards,
Stephen.

Stephen Streat FRACP
Intensivist
Department of Critical Care Medicine
Auckland Hospital, Private Bag 92-024,
Auckland, New Zealand
Phone   +64 9 307 2892
Fax     +64 9 307 4927
Email   stephensaahsl.co.nz
8th World Congress of Intensive and Critical Care Medicine :
http://www.iccm.aust.com
Fishing : http://www.option4.co.nz/letter7.htm