Time/miles per day

Carolina Mone cemoneaHUMBOLDT1.COM
Tue Apr 17 08:49:54 PDT 2001

Dear Lisa,
Here is my packing list for a summer camino:
Passports, actual and camino credencial"passport"
TWO credit cards for ATMS (VISA)
Emergency traveller's checks for insurance
About $10.000PTAs cash
Daypack (mine detatched from my backpack)
Light sleeping bag or sleeping sack
Very good boots with a wide toe box (your feet will swell more than they
ever have before!)
wide brim sun hat
very lightweight rain poncho
fast-drying long pants
shorts you can wear under the long pants (I took bike shorts)
skirt or a dress (I suggest a skirt, I took a dress)
something to sleep in which is very cool but modest (I slept in my dress!)
short-top socks (sweaty ankles, yuck)
2 sets of fast-drying underwear
sandals (buy them there, Converse)
A very light long-sleeved jacket, with pockets, in a light color.
Travelsmith has a good one(like a windbreaker).
Swimsuit!! (lots of public swimming pools)
French folding knife
flashlight
extra shoestrings
washcloth and one of those camping towels which is very light but absorbs 6
liters of water, shampoo
zoris for the shower if you harbor athlete's foot paranoia
sunglasses
handkerchief
small packs of Kleenex (can buy there, Colhogar)
toothbrush, comb, small mirror
sunscreen (can get German SPF 50 there)
Lip balm, VISENE or other eye drops
night-illuminated wristwatch
Very good backpacker's botiquin including
tweezers, Q tips, emergency meds, Compeed, Vaseline
document copies
guide book (can buy there)
baby wipes (can buy there)
ziplock baggies--the big size
Franklin electronic dictionary--get the Portuguese card, too, and a phrase
book if your Spanish isn't peninsular (those Mexican words just don't work
in Spain!).  Lonely Planet is a good one because it has some Basque and
Galego phrases which can be useful.
weight? I carried 14 kg and I am over 50 years old. It doesn't matter how
much you carry, it will become part of your body.

Carolina