Checking the weather and then more

M'Lou Zahner mlouzaMEDIAONE.NET
Thu Apr 12 04:37:31 PDT 2001

Greetings to everyone on the virtual Camino. My name is M'Lou Zahner and
I live in Cambridge Ma. In 1999 my sister Carol and I along with a dear
friend walked the Camino from Ponferada. I spent many delightful months
planning the trip. Every morning I would check the live web cam that the
Galician Radio/television service offers. It's at

http://www.crtvg.es/ingles/camweb/cquintana.html

(I don't know how to send you there like some of our more computer savvy
friends can but that should get you there.) In any case, I was concerned
about rain. They seem to have a lot in Galcia. The better to grow those
beautiful wild flowers and green fields.  Sigh. (stop digressing M'Lou).
This cam is very good. As the months went by I noticed the rain coats
were leaving. The chairs and tables appeared in the square. The trinket
sellers were active. I watched the people going in and out of the Holy
door. I didn't realize then it is only open during the holy years.
    Then I had an idea. I showed my husband and daughter the web site
and the Holy door. We made a date for them to go to that site and on
that date and time my sister and I stood in front of the door and waved
to them. It was a real kick!
    We're going back again next week along with one of our brothers who
lives in Germany. So check it out! And if you happen to see three crazy
people waving in May...
By the way The square looks very sunny this morning.