communion etc.

Elyn Aviva TajminaaAOL.COM
Thu Apr 5 21:49:08 PDT 2001

I am forwarding this messae from Lin at her request:

Dear Elyn,
Thank you and the others for such interesting conversations and input.
Since I am an enforced lurker on this list -for some unknown reason I can
read messages but cannot input them - would you please post this to the
list.
Although I am not a Catholic and do not feel comfortable taking communion at
mass, there were other beautiful experiences along the way that served as a
form of communion for me.  At San Juan de Ortega, the beautiful priest
there, was serving coffee in the morning.  As I was about to leave, he
touched my cheek and bid me safe journey.  I will never forget the power of
that small gesture.  On another walk, I stumbled into the small church at
Triacastella.  Although not tired, I was extremely homesick and sad.  The
priest there seemed to have exray vision and said some very kind, simple and
appropriate words to me that were very healing.  I was very grateful and
will always remember his kind words and keen perception.
lin