liturgies and Protestants

Deanna cassiesmomaEARTHLINK.NET
Tue Apr 3 06:59:29 PDT 2001

That was awesome Russ!

----- Original Message -----

From: Russ Irwin

To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu

Sent: 4/3/01 12:00:01 AM

Subject: Re: liturgies and
Protestants

MJ Anderson wrote:

 St.Paul says , "He who eats and drinks of the Body and Blood in
an

 unworthy manner, drinks judgment upon himself."

I was going to stay out of this, but I would like to share my own feelings.
The "unworthy manner"

part I totally agree with. Okay, I was baptized Catholic, went to a
Catholic grade school, and was

confirmed Catholic - But: For over 30 years now I have been what most would
call a "fallen away

Catholic", and I don't plan on changing that (the reasons are personal and
will stay that way).

So, having said that, I plan on, and have looked forward to for months, to
take communion while on

the Camino! For reasons that I can't even explain to myself, this is very
important to me. Not only

my belief about Jesus, but also my innermost feelings about Him, are
probably deeper than a good

many of practicing Catholics. If that isn't a "worthy manner" then I don't
know what is.

Please, I really don't wish to offend anyone. I just finally got up the
guts to state my feelings.

--- cassiesmomaearthlink.net

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.