liturgies and Protestants

Russ Irwin rirwinaUSAOR.NET
Mon Apr 2 22:00:01 PDT 2001

MJ Anderson wrote:

>St.Paul says , "He who eats and drinks of the Body and Blood in an
>unworthy manner, drinks judgment upon himself."

I was going to stay out of this, but I would like to share my own feelings. The "unworthy manner"
part I totally agree with. Okay, I was baptized Catholic, went to a Catholic grade school, and was
confirmed Catholic - But: For over 30 years now I have been what most would call a "fallen away
Catholic", and I don't plan on changing that (the reasons are personal and will stay that way).

So, having said that, I plan on, and have looked forward to for months, to take communion while on
the Camino! For reasons that I can't even explain to myself, this is very important to me. Not only
my belief about Jesus, but also my innermost feelings about Him, are probably deeper than a good
many of practicing Catholics. If that isn't a "worthy manner" then I don't know what is.

Please, I really don't wish to offend anyone. I just finally got up the guts to state my feelings.

Russ