Foot and Mouth

Mary Hall MphweaaAOL.COM
Mon Apr 2 09:33:49 PDT 2001

Hi everybody, I just got back from two weeks hiking in Andulusia in the South of Spain, and everybody seemed remarkably unbothered about the threat of foot and mouth.  Arriving in Gibraltar from England, we all walked through disinfectant at the airport, and that was it.  As far as I know there are no paths closed in Spain at all (as opposed to Britain where the countryside is 75% closed), and when I arrived at JFK in New York City last night I reported I had been in a rural area in Spain and they were not particularly interested!  Of course, this can all change tomorrow!  Mary in New York.