Intro, topography, sudarium

Preston Pittman preston_pittmanaHOTMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 28 08:25:17 PST 2000

I've enjoyed the introductions that individuals have posted.  Please allow
me a brief one:
First, I have not actually walked the Camino (yet).  I *have* been to many
of the cities, monasteries and cathedrals on the Camino though.
I have been interested in the Medieval Period in literature, music and
architecture as long as I can remember.  I have developed my own way of
tying in all my interests through the Camino - including  my interest in
languages.  I studied Spanish and Arabic in college.  I learned French at
home, and Latin for four years of high school.  Many years ago I began
studying, on my own pretty much, medieval Spanish, French, Occitan and
Latin.  I have also studied, on my own, Andalucian Arabic.  So, like I said,
the Camino has become a way to organize these intellectual interests and
give them a vitality and a reality in the present.

I think it was Linda who asked about a topographical map of the Camino.
Some time ago, I found the following site on the internet that provides
topographical maps of sections of the Camino:
http://www.ctv.es/USERS/flsasal/s00.htm

also someone asked recently about the Sudarium.  I don't know when it is
shown, but you might be able to find out at:
http://www.shroud.com/guscin.htm

pax,
Preston