Introduction

Erica Boyd Erica_BoydaBROWN.EDU
Sun Nov 26 20:21:35 PST 2000

Hello to all Listmembers!

I am a grad student at Brown University, in Providence, RI, studying
medieval art and architecture.  Currently I'm researching a seminar paper on
the pilgrimage route to Santiago.  My general interest is with cultural
history and geography.  For my paper I'm trying to get a sense of the
development of the route to Santiago, the order in which towns were
established along the camino, and particularly the origin of the roads
themselves (ie. whether the paths follow older  Visigothic or Roman roads).

An exciting aspect of my preliminary research is in finding all the 21st
century interest in the pilgrimage.  I plan to focus my studies on France
(and perhaps Spain), so I may end up on the camino someday myself!

Cheers,
Erica :)
Erica N. Boyd
Graduate Student, History of Art & Architecture
Brown University, Box 1855, Providence, RI 02912
Erica_BoydaBrown.EDU  ph: 401/345.6298