Pilgrimage Road in Winter?

linda davidson davidsonaETAL.URI.EDU
Thu Nov 16 11:16:17 PST 2000

Even though I am coordinating the listserv gocamino, I have to say that
I've just subscribed, having just returned from a trip.
I hope new subscribers are having no trouble with the listserv.

As I said in my welcome letter, I look forward to exchanging both
"academic" and "day-to-day" information.
To that end, I've had several questions directed to me, in my role as
coordinator of "Friends of the Road to Santiago" about the feasibility of
trekking the pilgrimage road in winter. If anyone has made the pilgrimage
in november, december, january, will you please elucidate?
Especially important to Americans thinking about trekking this time of year
are the following:
temperatures?
is it possible to cross the Pyrenees and the mountinas into Galicia?
How much snow on the mountains?
Are the refugios open, especially those that are generally run by the
scouts and college students.

How many other pilgrims might one see on the road during this time?

Looking forward to some interesting and information-filled responses to
this query.
Linda Davidson