Boots vs hiking shoes

Elyn Aviva TajminaaAOL.COM
Fri Dec 29 09:41:53 PST 2000

As I'm sure others will agree, shoes/boots/even sandals! are an individual
decision. I wore ankle-high Mephisto Goretex walking shoe/boots (since they
covered the ankles they were boots but they weren't very high) and they were
fantastic. Goretex helped immensely during the deluge out of O Cebreiro.
However, my companions wore everything ranging from running shoes to heavy
mountain boots. The Camino footwear is definitely not a "one size fits all."
I even walked one day in Mephisto hiking sandals--the heavy-duty ones,
constructed like serious outdoor hiking shoes, only open, and I saw pilgrims
wearing lightweight Teva-style sandals. There are uneven, rocky paths on
parts of the Camino.

Hope this helps a bit.
Elyn