New listserver member--burros?

MJ anderson mjcandersonaWORLDNET.ATT.NET
Thu Dec 28 09:01:29 PST 2000

Hi to all,
just a quick note with a comment, a book suggestion and one question.

I walked the Camino in 1999, at 51, and in average middle age shape--nearly
killed me the first few days. So incredible was our experience (walked with my
sister) that we are walking again Sept. 2001.

On previous lists the book by Cees Nooteboom was mentioned, but I want to add my
wholehearted endorsement. Even tho the book is not confined to the Camino route
the author's feel for the soul of Spain is unmatched. Masterful prose. The
book's title is Roads to Santiago: A Modern-Day Pilgrimage Through Spain.
ISBN: 0156011581

My question is: does anyone know where to find routes that have stable
facilities for those pilgrims traveling with a burro? We saw several such
pilgrims on our 1999 sojourn and think we might want to try it. My sister is an
artist who would like to carry art supplies, I am a journalist and would like to
take a laptop--these are heavy items that make a burro an attractive option if
we can learn where to stable it at night.

All the best,
MJ Anderson