[Cfp-interest 3050] Re: What words mean 0 < x < INFINITY

Damian McGuckin damianm at esi.com.au
Fri Mar 15 15:52:33 PDT 2024

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024, Jerome Coonen wrote:

> If there is interest in a more thorough search of these cases -- and in
> the correct draft edition -- I would offer to take this on.

I have gone through Annex G over the last week and distilled a consistent
mix. But I was looking for some extra thoughts before I sent out any of my
suggested changes for people to review.

I went with the following (because they were already used)

 	finite x
 	non-zero finite x
 	positive-signed finite x
 	positive non-zero finite x

to mean
 	all finite numbers
 	x != 0
 	x == +0.0 or x > 0.0 (or maybe x >= +0.0)
 	x > 0.0

There were some occurrences in Annex G with finite at the start of the
sequence but I went with consistency.

Jerome, I think you are suggesting

 	finite x != 0
and
 	finite positive-signed x
and
 	finite x > 0

for the last three as I did not see 'atan2' (I only looked in Annex G)

I am happy with that.

Thanks Fred and Jerome  - Damian