[Cfp-interest 3048] Re: What words mean 0 < x < INFINITY

Damian McGuckin damianm at esi.com.au
Thu Mar 14 23:11:55 PDT 2024

On Thu, 14 Mar 2024, Fred J. Tydeman wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 16:01:09 +1100 (AEDT) Damian McGuckin wrote:
>>
>>       positive non-zero finite x
>
> Is my choice.

Thanks. It is my choice and is also the most common usage in Annex G.

> +0 could be considered strictly positive finite

The term used in Annex G is that a number with a negative bit of '0' is

 	positive-signed finite

Annex G does not use the term 'strictly positive'. Maybe it is a bit too
contentious. My long held definition of 'strictly positive' is that it
cannot be zero. I would say that +0 is definitely not strictly positive.

Thanks - Damian