[Cfp-interest 2980] Re: background regarding complex and imaginary types

Damian McGuckin damianm at esi.com.au
Thu Jan 18 13:48:21 PST 2024

On Thu, 18 Jan 2024, Jim Thomas wrote:

> A document number has been requested. In the mean time, the document is
> available on the CFP wiki via the link
>
> https://wiki.edg.com/pub/CFP/WebHome/background for complex and imaginary types-20240118.pdf

Please note that the link quoted in this document to (a scanned copy of)
the 1991 paper by Kahan and Thomas has Page 3 upside-down. The attached
copy (from the Berkeley repository) has it right-way-up but it is much
fainter. Both PDFs appear to have been printed on the first author's
infamous home dot-matrix printer. Somebody should have bought him ink
ribbons on a more regular basis.

Do we need to retype that document so we have a better copy for posterity?

Regards - Damian