[Cfp-interest 2998] Re: Annex G

Damian McGuckin damianm at esi.com.au
Tue Feb 6 16:46:53 PST 2024

On Tue, 6 Feb 2024, Jim Thomas wrote:

> Following up on the CFP discussion of N3206 ?The future of imaginary
> types?, I think there are some changes that could be considered.

I will go through that at length. A lot of food for thought is in there.

Also, one of the issues with the special case when using imaginary number
has the disadvantage that

 	imag(x) * complex(yreal,yimag)

is different from complex(0,x) * complex(yreal,yimag) if yreal or yimag is
an Infinity.

Does the operation

 	Infinity * Zero

need to yield Zero when it occurs with complex arithmetic where that Zero
is the real or complex component of a complex nunmber, but is effectively
an empty component, or nothingness.

I think I have written that correctly - Damian