[Cfp-interest 2770] Re: CFP review of NB comments on CD2 - 20230602

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Mon Jun 5 19:32:30 PDT 2023

On Mon, 5 Jun 2023 09:03:40 -0700 Jim Thomas wrote:

>>> I am thinking about the values of variables in shared memory between the threads. I assume that if exceptions are delayed, then the value from those exceptions are also delayed (so storage is not updated, so other threads get the wrong value).
>
>The state of the exception flags is local to the thread, not in shared memory.

Agreed.

>Am I missing something?

Yes.
 There are two items that result from an FP exception in default mode
  Raising an exception flag (local to a thread)
  Returning a FP value (global memory)

I am concerned with the FP value in memory.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of INCITS/C (ANSI "C")
Sample C17+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.