[Cfp-interest 2802] Re: Complex polar

Damian McGuckin damianm at esi.com.au
Wed Jul 5 16:19:56 PDT 2023

On Wed, 5 Jul 2023, Fred J. Tydeman wrote:

> In checking my many math books, there are several names for the same thing
> in relation to polar notation.
>
> Modulus, Absolute value
>
> Argument, Phase, Amplitude

NIST uses modulus and phase.

The word modulus is overused and I think either absolute value or
magnitude is better. As the routine being used is 'cabs', I suggest the
former.  My 2c.

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International ..... 20D Grose St, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer