[Cfp-interest 2876] Re: revised documents for augmented operations

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 29 11:17:54 PDT 2023

Below is a draft of the short example edited to drop into TS-4r.

I filled in C code to implement the algorithm.

To avoid issues with how components of double-double representations can be reliably accessed in C the code takes the components as input and output rather than dealing with syntax for a double-double type.

Values for the inputs in the example code still need to be filled in.

Please review carefully. We’ll discuss it and decide on any changes at the CFP meeting tomorrow (Aug 30).

https://wiki.edg.com/pub/CFP/WebHome/EXAMPLE_aug_arith_v0.pdf

- Jim Thomas