[Cfp-interest 2868] Re: TS-4r and TS-5r changes

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 26 10:55:24 PDT 2023

In looking at David’s example for the scaled product function, we saw …

The scaled product functions store their scale factor result in a long long int. In the usage model, scale factors are added and subtracted together to get a scale factor that can be input to a scale function to produce a final result. C23 has scalbn and scalbln which take int and long int arguments, but it has no scale function that takes long long int arguments. The scaled product function output should have the same type as the scale function input. I’ll add the following to the list of suggested changes to TS-4r:

Page 7, Line 10, etc.: Replace all instances (in 6.5, 6.6, and 6.7) of "long long int" with "long int”.