[Cfp-interest 2157] Compatibility of C and C++ floating-point changes

David Olsen dolsen at nvidia.com
Tue Sep 28 09:55:02 PDT 2021

A new revision of the C++ proposal for extending floating-point support is available.  https://isocpp.org/files/papers/P1467R5.html

This will be useful for the joint meeting of CFP and the C/C++ Liaison group on Wed Oct 6, and for the CFP meeting tomorrow where I believe you will do some prep work for next week's meeting.  I will be at the CFP meeting tomorrow to help out and answer any questions.

The parts of P1467 that CFP are most interested in are the C compatibility sections, https://isocpp.org/files/papers/P1467R5.html#c-compat and https://isocpp.org/files/papers/P1467R5.html#names-c .  If you are only going to browse the paper (which is fine, it's a rather long paper), please start with those sections.