[Cfp-interest 2229] Re: quantum

Standards standards at wakker.amsterdam
Fri Oct 8 06:33:44 PDT 2021

FWIW: a consistent, rigorous set of definitions on floating-point
parameters (including a definition of ulp) is given in the LIA1
(Language-Independent Arithmetic part 1, ISO 10967-1) standard
(mentioned in Annex H of the C standard). ulp is subsequently used in
the specification of the error bounds in many mathematical operations
and functions (LIA-2) and complex operations and functions (LIA-3).

- Willem Wakker