[Cfp-interest 2275] Re: tgamma()

Damian McGuckin damianm at esi.com.au
Fri Nov 19 14:27:35 PST 2021

On Fri, 19 Nov 2021, Fred J. Tydeman wrote:

> Should 7.12.8.4 tgamma()
>
> A domain error or pole error may occur if x is a negative integer or zero.
>
> be changed to
>
> A domain error shall occur if x is a negative integer.
> A pole error shall occur is x is zero.

Far clearer. I like it. That said, There is no errno which is a pole
error.

> The Austin Group / POSIX thinks IEC 60559 says tgamma(negative integer)
> is a domain error (raise invalid, return NaN).
>
> https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1461
>
> I am not finding any "gamma" in IEEE-754-2019

Ditto. I thought it was long gone

Stay safe - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 277-279 Broadway, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer