[Cfp-interest 2251] Re: Usual arithmetic conversions on unordered (unmixable) types

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.net
Mon Nov 1 15:39:06 PDT 2021

On 2021-11-01 14:45:34 -0700, Jim Thomas wrote:
> This might be a good idea, but as I understand it WG14’s window for
> new proposals for C23 has closed.

OK, this leaves the opportunity for compilers to implement something
better than "raw" undefined behavior, for minimal QoI, and one can
see how this evolves.

As a user, I would expect either a fatal error or a meaningful result
(i.e. a good choice for the type of the result and an accurate value).
At least a warning in case of unmixable types.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>