[Cfp-interest 2046] Re: remquo()

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Thu Jul 1 21:49:54 PDT 2021

On Thu, 1 Jul 2021 20:37:26 -0700 Jim Thomas wrote:

>>> Subnormals are supported with Annex F, so the first part of current #2 is not needed. With these changes we would have
>>
>> Since long double can be "non-IEC 60559 extended format"
>> it is not clear to me that subnormals are support for all FP types.
>
>Right. It might be more direct to say
>
>For IEC 60559 formats, the returned value is exact and is independent of the current rounding direction mode.

If alternate exception handling (abruptUnderflow) of IEEE-754-2019
every gets adopted by C, that would be wrong.

Also, fmod() and remainder() have the same sentence.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.