[Cfp-interest 1933] Re: Fix the inaccuracy of j0f/y0f/j1f/y1f

Mike Cowlishaw mfc at speleotrove.com
Thu Feb 25 05:39:35 PST 2021

> I know that the complex operations are not correctly rounded
> with say gcc, but would it be possible that real addition is
> not correctly rounded? That would contradict IEEE 754, no?

I always found it curious that the first C standard (1989) was published
four years after IEEE-754 (1985) get only briefly mentions the latter, in
the description of float.h.

At the time it certainly could not mandate conformity to 754 because most
hardware did not support 754 arithmetic -- but one might though there could
have been a 'should' or two... :-).

Mike