[Cfp-interest 1818] Re: Exact subnormal results

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Sat Oct 24 06:58:39 PDT 2020

On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 17:18:26 +1100 (AEDT) Damian McGuckin wrote:

>I find messing with an errno of ERANGE or EDOM does awful things to my
>optimization. Are there any plans to get rid of these two cases in the
>standardization iteration after C23?

No.  But, currently, implementations are NOT required to use errno.
They can set math_errhandling to just MATH_ERREXCEPT.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.