[Cfp-interest 1674] Overflow and HUGE_VAL

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Fri Jun 26 07:29:45 PDT 2020

Currently, WG14 N2478  7.12.1#5 has:

If a floating result overflows and default rounding is in effect, then the
function returns the value of the macro HUGE_VAL, HUGE_VALF, or HUGE_VALL according to the
return type, ...

But, since we have added decimal floating-point, do we need to add

HUGE_VAL_D32, HUGE_VAL_D64, HUGE_VAL_D128

or reword?

In addition, 7.22.1.6 The strtodN functions
are missing HUGE_VAL_Dn in the returns.

Also, 7.29.4.1.2 The wcstodN functions
are also missing HUGE_VAL_Dn in the returns.

And HUGE_VAL_Dn are missing from Annex B.11

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.