[Cfp-interest 1643] roundTiesToAway

Paul Zimmermann Paul.Zimmermann at inria.fr
Wed Jun 17 02:09:05 PDT 2020

       Hi,

I noticed that roundTiesToAway was added in the C standard proposal
in n2386.pdf (June 6, 2019) following Joseph's proposal (n2124, March 4, 2017).

Also, in n2479, I read page 436:

   The macros (7.6) FE_DOWNWARD, FE_TONEAREST, FE_TONEARESTFROMZERO, FE_TOWARDZERO, and
   FE_UPWARD, which are used in conjunction with the fegetround and fesetround functions and
   the FENV_ROUND pragma, represent the IEC 60559 rounding-direction attributes roundTowardNegative, roundTiesToEven, roundTowardZero, and roundTowardPositive, respectively. Support for the roundTiesToAway attribute for binary floating-point arithmetic, and hence for the
   FE_TONEARESTFROMZERO macro, is optional.

It seems roundTiesToAway is missing in the "respectively" part between
"roundTiesToEven" and "roundTowardPositive" (we have 5 items in the first
part, and only 4 in the second part).

Best regards,
Paul