[Cfp-interest 1633] Re: Update footnote

Jim Thomas jaswthomas at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 9 10:34:21 PDT 2020

Question 1: Yes, there are two evaluation macros now and both should be mentioned in footnote 122. Could it be an editorial change?

Question 2: What would “the two environments are the same” mean? The environments are conceptually different. Even on the same hardware they use different software. If the environments evaluate differently, then FLT_EVAL_METHOD (or DEC_EVAL_METHOD) must have a negative integer value: -1 for indeterminate or a different negative value for implementation defined, and of course 6.6 paragraph 5 still applies.

- Jim Thomas