[Cfp-interest 1714] Re: termux

Mike Cowlishaw mfc at speleotrove.com
Wed Jul 22 13:57:03 PDT 2020

Cute .. thanks for this.

Related; I still have a DarwinPPC-20100101-0919.zip which lets me run the
old Darwin PowerPC operating system on my PC.

Darwin for PPC is interesting because it is big-endian but is emulated on
little-endian.  No code is 'tested' until it has been run and tested on both
big- and little-endian machines; for some reason, people who only use one or
other endian-ness machines seem blind to the other type, and their code
generally has plenty of bugs to prove that ... :-).  Typically, arithmetic
code has lots of tricks for performance, many of which are not
endian-neutral.

Mike