[Cfp-interest 1459] Re: AIs for powr paper

Damian McGuckin damianm at esi.com.au
Mon Feb 3 17:07:35 PST 2020

On Mon, 3 Feb 2020, Jim Thomas wrote:

> Action items:
>           Jim: Ensure natural log is written as log in the standard (regarding
>       C2x_proposal_-_powr_justification_wording-20200104.pdf).
>           Jim: Ensure thin spaces are put where needed in
>       C2x_proposal_-_powr_justification_wording-20200104.pdf. Ex. Between the e and y in the "e^y log x"
>       in three places.
>

> Natural log in the C standard is loge with the ?e? as a subscript. Here
> an update addressing both action items:
>
> http://wiki.edg.com/pub/CFP/WebHome/C2x_proposal_-_powr_justification_wording-20200203.pdf

Should the footnote read as

   ... is intended NOT ONLY to meet expectations for a continuous
   power function BUT ALSO to allow A more efficient implementation

Those in 'quotes' are my additions. Do you need an 'a' in front of 'more
efficient' in that footnote. Excuse my Australian English if that clashes
with what would normally appear.

Does analysis need to be plural? Hmmm? 'analysis cases'?  Not sure.
Getting a tight sentence in there is hard.

Regards - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 277-279 Broadway, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer