[Cfp-interest 1875] Re: SNAN issues

Ian McIntosh ianmc at eol.ca
Sat Dec 26 19:44:33 PST 2020

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }It
looks like there's something missing in 5 places, all 4 occurrences
of "in provide" and one standalone "in".  See the yellow highlighting
below.
 What am I missing?  Should there be a table number or section number
after the "in"s?  Or is my email program not displaying the text
correctly?
   - Ian McIntosh
 On Sat 20/12/26  3:35 PM , "Fred J. Tydeman" tydeman at tybor.com sent:
 The following was sent to the C23 editor
 N2596 comments.
 Are the following editorial?  Or, do I need to write a paper?
 F.2.1 Infinities and NaNs
 The NAN and INFINITY macros and the nan functions in  provide
 designations for IEC 60559 quiet NaNs and infinities.
 should be
 The NAN and INFINITY macros in  and the nan functions in
  provide designations for IEC 60559 quiet NaNs and infinities.
 The SNANF, SNAN, and SNANL macros in  provide designations for
 IEC 60559 signaling NaNs.
 should be
 The FLT_SNAN, DBL_SNAN, and LDBL_SNAN macros in  provide
 designations for IEC 60559 signaling NaNs.
 Also, printed page 412 (B.11) has three SNAN* macros that should be
 removed.
 Also, printed page 518 (J.6.2) has six SNAN* macros that should be
 changed to *SNAN macros.
 And Index (printed pages 614 and 625) has six SNAN* macros that
should
 be removed.
 ---
 Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
 tydeman at tybor.com [1]      Testing, numerics, programming
 +1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
 Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
 Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.

Links:
------
[1]
http://webmail.primus.ca/javascript:top.opencompose(\'tydeman at tybor.com\',\'\',\'\',\'\')