[Cfp-interest 1751] Re: Underflow range error

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Sun Aug 16 11:48:47 PDT 2020

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 10:25:05 +1000 (AEST) Damian McGuckin wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Aug 2020, Fred J. Tydeman wrote:
>
>>Attached is my first pass at words for the C standard about
>>exact subnormal results and three math functions.
>
>For the last 7.12.12.1#2 case, is not this more precise.
>
>       For x and y both finite, a range error may (or will) occur
>       when x - y is too close-to-zero (or too large),
>
>Just curious. Yes, it is longer.

My experience in combining multiple cases in one sentence leads
to misunderstandings.  It is better to have just one case per sentence.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.