[Cfp-interest 1745] WG14 meeting paper results

Rajan Bhakta rbhakta at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 11 11:48:01 PDT 2020

Hi,

The WG14 meeting went well and all our CFP papers passed:

N2532: C2X proposal - min-max functions - updates n2489
  - Goes into C2X.
N2491: C2X proposal - powr justification, wording
  - Goes into C2X.
N2492: C2X proposal - note about preserving math function properties
  - Goes into C2X. Typo correction of cr prefix being cr_.
N2506: Range errors and math functions
  - Goes into C2X without the changes to fmod, remainder and fdim.

In addition, the removal of intmax_t C FP functions paper was successfully
halted:
N2525: remove the fromfp, ufromfp, fromfpx, ufromfpx, and other intmax_t
functions
  - All polls ended up with no consensus (remove old intmax_t functions,
remove new intmax_t functions)
  - The committee is looking forward to seeing our paper on this topic.

Regards,

Rajan Bhakta
z/OS XL C/C++ Compiler Technical Architect
ISO C Standards Representative (Canada, USA), PL22.11 Chair
C/C++ Compiler Development
rbhakta at us.ibm.com

IBM