[Cfp-interest 1432] WG14 CFP paper results

Rajan Bhakta rbhakta at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 24 05:45:08 PDT 2019

Hello,

Here is a summary of the results for what was discussed for floating point
papers yesterday. Note that we have one action item (reword N2400), and
also the proposal for Part 5 a and b went a lot better than last time and
we got on the verge of approval (but not quite).

      N2384 Thomas, C2X proposal - F.8 update
        Goes into C2X.
      N2400 Thomas, C2X proposal - why no wide string strfrom functions
        CFP to send this text to the editor as a footnote and a recipe
(steps to get wide string version of strfrom code example) form.
      N2406 Tydeman, SNAN: initialization and unary +
        Goes into C2X.
      N2407 Thomas, Proposal for C2X - TS 18661-5abc supplementary
attributes
        Straw poll: Does the committee want TS 18661-5a to be brought into
C2X?
          Result: 5/3/5. Not quite approval.
        Straw poll: Does the committee want TS 18661-5b to be brought into
C2X?
          Result: 4/3/6. Not approved.
      N2416 Thomas, Proposal for C2X - floating-point negation and
conversion
        Goes into C2X.
      N2424 Thomas, Proposal for C2X proposal – Why logp1?
        Goes into C2X.

Regards,

Rajan Bhakta
z/OS XL C/C++ Compiler Technical Architect
ISO C Standards Representative for Canada, PL22.11 Chair (USA)
C Compiler Development
Contact: rbhakta at us.ibm.com, Rajan Bhakta/Houston/IBM