[Cfp-interest 1422] Correct rounded math functions

Fred J. Tydeman tydeman at tybor.com
Wed Oct 16 19:29:43 PDT 2019

In looking at my papers in my file, I found:

Fast Evaluation of Elementary Mathematical Functions
with Correctly Rounded Last Bit by A. Ziv, IBM
ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software
Vol 17, No. 3, Sept 1991, pages 410-423

I also saw papers by Peter Tang on similar ideas.

So, the ideas have been around for a long time.

---
Fred J. Tydeman        Tydeman Consulting
tydeman at tybor.com      Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093      Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.